Saturday, January 7, 2012

Anyone?? PLEASE!!! Anyone??

With the first views of the new possible districts being laid out this week, I know here in West Tennessee we are wondering, now who is going to run???

MY PLEA.......

 Will a Democrat with some GUTS please file to run against both Rep. Andy Holt & Rep. Stephen Fincher?!?!?!


If I wasn't a woman from Chicago and had funding I'd do it.  No doubt!  However, I think that there are more qualified people to do so.  Now, I am wondering if Mr. Mark Maddox will run despite the changes in the district.  Ideally, he and many of us would have liked a unified Weakley & Carroll County, but sadly, it doesn't look like this will ever be.  So, there is my first question.....

Mr. Maddox will you be filing your papers by early April?


Now, an even bigger question.....has Roy Herron STOPPED campaigning since his loss in 2010?  His website is functioning.  Not updated, but functioning.  He has had booths at different events including this year's biggest state fundraiser, Jackson Day.  I, personally, don't think he has stopped.  I think that Roy is in it to win it.  He will certainly have to change some things from his last attempt.  Visibility and marketing being the two biggest reasons he lost.  Here in Carroll County, I could not drive more than 1 minute without the sight of a "Plow Congress" sign covered with Fincher's dreaded name EVERYWHERE!  Now, I know Roy had supporters, but Fincher had his HUGE signs all over 70 & 22 MONTHS before Roy even announced he was running after withdrawing from the Gubernatorial race.  Roy needs visibility!!  Signs EVERYWHERE, and not waiting until after the filing deadline in April, he needs them NOW.  I also feel that a way to edge over Fincher is the capitalize on the esteemed award from CREW this year, that I previously mentioned in an earlier blog, him being one of Congress's most corrupt members.  Take it and run.  In a classy way, BUT RUN WITH IT!

Now, in other areas.  I'm still trying to decipher whether or not Huntingdon, where I reside, is moving into another House district.  If so, then for sure I will throw my help and support behind whomever will legitimately run a campaign against Rep. Halford.  There was a failed attempt in 2010.  I think we need someone bigger, younger, and smarter.  I have a thought, and I know he was toying with the idea in 2010, but stopped when someone else filed.  I think he would make an excellent candidate.

In other districts, please let me know who is thinking about running or who you think should run.  You can email me via the link on my blog, leave a comment here.  If you have any information you'd like to share and remain anonymous, I would be more than happy to post and not give any information out as to who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment