Saturday, March 24, 2012

Tennessee delegates & the at-large delegates next week!

I want to say that I was humbled, honored, and enlightened at the 8th Congressional District Delegate Convention today in Milan.  I am proud to announce that I was elected as the alternate delegate today, and would like to congratulate the other three delegates: Nicolle Crist (Weakley), Angela Callis (Weakley) & Najonna Coleman (Gibson).  It was truly an honor to be elected among you three.

There were three other candidates that ran today that did outstanding and I was thoroughly impressed with all of them.  LaTarsha Hanna-Huff of Madison County, Shalanza Hawkins of Haywood County, and Kayla Porter of Stewart County.  I want to go on the record and say that all seven of us deserve to go to Charlotte in September!  I hope that the three of you move on to the at-large delegate selection next week in Nashville.  I would proudly lobby for any one of you!

With that in mind, I want to informally lobby for any of the previously mentioned women to anyone in this state that has the ability to cast a vote next weekend.  These women would be outstanding representations of Tennessee, especially West Tennessee.  They have all contributed significantly to the Democratic Party from the local to the national levels.  They are well-spoken, dedicated, and I personally would love to have each one of them in Charlotte with me and the rest of the Tennessee delegation.  So, if you read this blog, and you can share this with anyone that can make this happen for any of these women please help me!  Let's get them to Charlotte!!!

Again, thank you to everyone from all the counties that were a part of the convention today.  Today was a dream come true.  A whirlwind for sure.  Something that I will never forget.  Thank you for being a part of it, and, most importantly, for giving me the chance to go to Charlotte.

One more side note, congratulations to the three men from the 8th District that were elected today: Gus Radford (Carroll), Chas Uffelman (Houston), & Jim Midgett (Madison).  I look forward to seeing you all again next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment